Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11 Sneak Peek

nerd opened this issue on Jul 13, 2015 ยท 554 posts

LaurieA posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 7:55 PM

I hope that you enable both CPU AND GPU together in the new PBR, because without GPU rendering, NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE is going to want to use the PBR. Prohibitively slow. If you enable both, and the scene is small enough, the GPU can handle the load and if it's too large for the GPU they can either share the load or it can switch over to CPU only (hopefully they share). If you can't do that, maybe you shouldn't bother with the PBR ;). Not trying to be mean, just realistic. LOL.

As to the material room sharing both render engines: are the materials for the PBR going to be more like Cycles nodes or stay like Poser's nodes? I'm still trying to see how that would work since Poser's nodes are geared toward faking when a PBR needs straight forward stuff related to true physics. Hopefully you show a screenie of the material room soonish :).

Also, I'm with isikol, so I hope you have some good things to report later on :P I will be watching because it will mean the difference between me continuing to buy Poser or, after more than a decade and a half, passing it by.

Laurie