Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11 Sneak Peek

nerd opened this issue on Jul 13, 2015 · 554 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 6:19 AM

I don't want to beat up my friends at SM, but I don't like those renders much, either.

The wine glass realism is blown by inferior shapes. This drives me crazy - wine bottles and glasses are all around us - do we have no artists who can reproduce the proportions correctly? This is a pet peeve of mine - try finding a spoon that actually is shaped like a real spoon. You'd think all Poser spoons were made by 4-year-olds from playdough. The refraction color chosen is that of urine, not wine - do you not see the excessive green? The table cloth - what material  is that, exactly? Blow my mind and show white linen with complete fidelity.

Better yet - if you want to show compatibility to the existing Firefly procedurals, while looking more realistic, then grab my BB Leather and show us how it works with SuperFly.

file_456160.jpgAnd, yeah, the skin has no specularity at all. Don't you guys realize that the lesson of PBR is that everything - every damn thing - in the real world displays some specularity. Obviously we can do better skin right now. The new renderer has to be able to do the same, and I've no doubt that it can.

So, I'd say don't judge Superfly/Cycles on the basis of those renders. If you were only to judge Poser on what Poser's owner show or have shown, you'd not know what it's capable of at all.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)