Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11 Sneak Peek

nerd opened this issue on Jul 13, 2015 · 554 posts

pumeco posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 6:32 AM

Baggins Wrote:
"Nope - I've not been involved at all. I am looking forward to playing with a better renderer in Poser. But ... if I have better software, I may be left with no challenge but to become an artist, and what's the point of that?"

It's a bit like that 'Relation Game' where someone says a word, and the next person has to say a word related to the previous word and so on:

Personally, I find being an artist to be the biggest challenge no matter what the software, so the only chance I'll have is with my faviourite medium (pencil).
I've tried to become an artist with software and have given up many times (mainly due to the software).

Not knocking their decisions when it comes to the path they've chosesn, but it not accessing the GPU is totally "Dumbass" as Roxie would say.  All they have to do is colour-code the material nodes so that, for example, all nodes in Green can be used in GPU or CPU mode, while the ones in Red can only be used on CPU.  That way, they have a very logical, easy to understand on-the-fly system, and one they can easily adapt with SRs etc.  Perhaps in an SR, they made another node work on the GPU, all they have to do is change that node from Red to Green and we know it'll work on the GPU when we add it to the Material Room.

Anyway, I'm not even buying the thing due to the activiation system, but nevetheless, something like that would be much better than them offering Cycles without the ability to render in GPU mode, that's just crazy, cause like others here, I use Cycles in GPU mode within Blender all the time and have no problem with it, and they're always updating it so that more and more stuff works on the GPU - they're even rendering volumetric plumes of smoke with the thing last I read!  If Poser adopted a colour-coded node system, there would be nothing stopping them doing the same, it would even feel easy and logical to update.

On the release of each SR they could say something like ...  "Good news, another ten nodes turned Green on this release!"