Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11 Sneak Peek

nerd opened this issue on Jul 13, 2015 · 554 posts

PrecisionXXX posted Wed, 15 July 2015 at 11:17 AM

Several things I have problems understanding.

It's a preview, not an artwork.  It's intended to show some of the capability of Cycles, not be a work of art ready for publication.

Cycles is an improvement, but "If it won't do XYZ forget it."  Okay, for those, forget it and the rest of us will probably be quite happy with any improvement.

It's an in progress, and probably won't have everything everyone wants, and probably won't cater to the whims of the few with "refined taste".  Or, those that can eat VIetnamese fish sauce.  Or maybe lutefisk.  As long as the rest of us get some advancement, ask us if we care what the few want.  We don't.

OR, in other words, how about we wait to see what's finally released before we start slamming everything that doesn't look like it was done in Max, because it doesn't look like max?  If you think you have to have that kind of result, then give up and spend the money for Max.  My CAD program of choice for most things is Draft Choice, and my results don't look like Autocad or Pro E.  Neither do I expect them to.  I didn't pay that kind of money, and if I was after more "professional" results, I'd use TurboCad Pro.  But there is a price difference, as there is between TC Pro and Autocad.  OR, I didn't pay for that kind or result, I don't expect that kind of result. 

I'm quite sure SM could produce a program that would keep them all happy, but I have my doubts anyone could afford it.  Time to put the automatic complaints to the side and wait to see what they come up with as a final result.  But I also know that won't happen.

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.