Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11 Sneak Peek

nerd opened this issue on Jul 13, 2015 · 554 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 15 July 2015 at 1:57 PM

There is a ton of provocative language being used here. Please use quotes when you talk about somebody slamming something, PrecisionXXX.  I don't know if you're talking about me or someone else.

I am not suggesting the new renderer is terrible, or doesn't look like Max, or that if doesn't do everything I want, to hell with it. I didn't say any of those things, If you were referring to me. I know what Cycles is capable and I want all of it, including the new, better nodes and the GPU.

Here's my render of the same helmet using its PBR textures. I rendered this in Poser Pro 2014 - what we already have - in FireFly. I don't need a new renderer to do this. This, too, is one shader doing many materials in Poser. I've been explaining how to do multiple materials in the same Poser shader for years. It rendered in under 5 minutes. This is not news. 

News is a similar quality render in 15 seconds or less - that would be interesting.

file_a4a042cf4fd6bfb47701cbc8a1653ada.jp file_013d407166ec4fa56eb1e1f8cbe183b9.jp

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)