Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11 Sneak Peek

nerd opened this issue on Jul 13, 2015 ยท 554 posts

Latexluv posted Fri, 17 July 2015 at 6:16 AM

I've been following this thread for a while and thought I would just lurk, but I'm gonna make a comment. I'm hoping that Nerd is following this thread. I think that when the next Poser ships, they need to do several things to help the new user and clear out a lot of the native content that harks back as far as Poser 7. That means dump all the very dumb shaders that come stock with Poser because they were not made for the current version, they still use all the old hacks that we used to use. Make new and updated shaders. Knock on BB's door to get some. Dump the old lights and load in light sets that will work 'out of the box' with IDL. If they are going to insist on still including IBL light sets then fix the bug in the GC of images attached to an IBL!!!! (pet peeve of mine because sometimes I like the look of IBL but can't use it any more in Poser 10). Include a World Sphere along with those HDRs they've included with Poser. Have tutorial scenes ready with the new lights, world sphere, and IDL. Native Poser figures (from new all the way back to Posette) should load with proper SSS shaders developed by BB and Snarly so newbies know what is standard instead of learning about it by digging around in the forums. Please, please change the 'out of the box' default camera that is set at 25mm! Make all the content that comes with the program be as current as the features inside the program! Oh, yeah, and about GC...fix how it is implimented! If I change GC from 2.20 to 1.9, the render should be darker, not lighter! If I play with GC in Iray or Luxrender and take it to 2.0 or 1.9, the image is darker as it should be. Give us saturation control at time of render, not the tone mapping options that are included now (both of which look terrible). I'll probably think of others after I post this.

Things like this will encourage the new user and maybe some of the older users who just keep doing Poser 6 and 7 renders in the newest version of Poser without trying out the new features. I very much welcome a PBR render option for Poser. Cycles was not a choice I was thinking of, but if they set it up so that it translates and uses shader set ups like BB has graciously given us, then that's a big plus!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8