Forum: Carrara

Subject: The Real Reason Carrara users Have trouble with Daz

tsarist opened this issue on Jul 06, 2015 · 45 posts

Male_M3dia posted Fri, 17 July 2015 at 6:25 AM

Beg to differ. I'm afraid it's not so simple.

The model I am offering happens on a daily basis all over the world. Take a small loss now for a large future gain.

Anyway, as far as Daz's intentions,  it's speculation as you said. Unless you have a keyhole window into Daz's leadership.

If you do it's only speculation on my part ;)

If you don't, well it's speculation on both our parts... ...

In that case I am afraid the theory still stands ;) 

You know that I sell over at DAZ right? Do you sell at DAZ? Didn't think so. We are not DAZ's employees. They broker our products. If we don't offer them, DAZ can't sell them. If what the people that make the products can't make a good enough return to make things Poser-compatible, then they aren't made. Period.

Now your speculation make hold a tiny bit of water when the company makes and sells the product, but not when the company splits the sales with the PAs. PAs work a lot of of hours making products, and sometimes those products sell well, sometimes like crap depending on customer demand. So basically the speculation people make comes them not knowing simple supply/demand models or even how businesses are run.. so honestly these types of posts are basically a bunch of eye-rolling, non-logical rants that aren't based in reality. DAZ isn't some mafia that puts cut off dead horse heads in vendor's beds that won't conform. Things succeed or fail because of what customers, you know the ones that live outside the confines of the forums, are willing to buy and use. If those customers are opening their wallet for genesis and .duf-based content, that's what is made. If they aren't buying enough of the Poser-based content, then vendors won't make it. Supply and demand, not magic nor nefarious schemes.