Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11 Sneak Peek

nerd opened this issue on Jul 13, 2015 · 554 posts

hornet3d posted Sun, 19 July 2015 at 6:44 AM

This might sound like a really stupid question but are we going to be able to use the blender hair system? I've seen a video about hair in cycles and I was wondering how can we take advantage of it in the new poser.

Is it only the shaders and the rendering that will be updated for the older models or something more?

A really good question and I would be very interested in that if it were possible.  One thing to note though the new hair system was partially devised to make hair simpler in Blender and even in Blender you have to use CPU mode.  Maybe this is not so very far away from what SM is doing a this very moment.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.