Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BB sIBL for Poser

bagginsbill opened this issue on Jul 13, 2015 · 68 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 21 July 2015 at 11:26 PM

Did some more work on this. One of the problems with free resources is that many of them are low dynamic range JPEG images, and they're not in an sIBL set.

I added a new ability to the code - you can just drop any EnvSphere-type image into the BB sIBL window and it loads it onto both spheres. But since there are two spheres, it can adjust them separately, and so the one you look at can go through a different shader than the one used for lighting. I also added a couple of nonlinear preamps to the effects section. These are super handy.

The result is an impressive increase in usefulness of some lackluster images I've kept around for a long time.

Here is a simple EnvSphere image that is actually somebody's render of some flourescent lights. 

file_a5e00132373a7031000fd987a3c9f87b.jpNotice how dull the reflections are, and the color is completely lacking the tone of indoor lighting - it's pure gray.

Now using a few clicks on BB sIBL, this is what I get instead. Pretty good huh?

file_9872ed9fc22fc182d371c3e9ed316094.jp

To achieve this effect, I used the following settings:

file_7f6ffaa6bb0b408017b62254211691b5.pn

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)