Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: why does it keep asking me this?

Darkworld opened this issue on Jul 22, 2015 · 14 posts

duanemoody posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 10:24 PM

I am absolutely astonished at the ineptitude of this forum developer. The image I uploaded was a 149KB PNG file.

After the upload - it is now a 1.8 MB PNG file. That's over 10 times bigger FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

If it's taking a long time to show up for you, don't blame me.

The forum should not be transforming images AT ALL, and CERTAINLY not a PNG file which is already compressed, and then bloating it. My God - the unbelievable incompetence is just too painful.

Literally the only reason Bondware is still in existence is because it owns Renderosity and the Roku channel that hasn't updated in a year. Rendo was supposed to be a demonstration of BW in action (after Rosity ditched the original board software) to sell it on other customers and afaik there are none.  The store is a stable piece of work and I have no grievances with it. The blog that handles announcements and policies is ok.

The forum software, however, is an argument for porting the database to vBulletin or equivalent and burning the source code. In 2000 the idea of an all-in-one CMS was probably pretty sexy but then most of the web apps that you can cobble together a portal from today didn't exist yet.