Forum: Carrara

Subject: Spend Money at Daz? Don't want to see Carrara dumped? Read this please.

headwax. opened this issue on Jun 24, 2015 · 53 posts

DustRider posted Thu, 23 July 2015 at 12:38 AM

I was in a hurry to catch a plane so my WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) was a bit off (OK - WAY off) because I didn't do a quick check of my guesstimates (and the flight ended up getting delayed to the point that I just canceled to trip/flights - it's been one of those days). So I did a quick check with my new unscheduled freedom (fairly easy when you aren't a huge content buyer).

Of the 1,450 products I have in my DAZ 3D product library - 31 are Carrara specific (including my actual Carrara purchases/upgrades). There are also approximately 25 products that are DS only. That gives us approximately 1415 DS/Poser items in my product library that I got with the primary reason being for use in Carrara (with secondary use in DS, and tertiary use in Poser). So for every 1 item I have in my product library that is specifically for Carrara, I have 45.6 items that were designed for use in DS or Poser, not Carrara, yet I got them for use in Carrara. I think this may be the type of information that DAZ 3D simply can't get from any sales data analysis. It would look like I purchase virtually nothing for use in Carrara (31 items in 10+ years), when virtually all of my purchases were for use in Carrara.

I thought I might be an unusual case, but the post by Steve K. make me think otherwise.  So where a simple analysis of sales data may indicate that DAZ 3D doesn't make many content sales for use in Carrara, the truth may be that Carrara generates nearly equal sales per dedicated user compared to DS. Because Carrara is able to easily "consume" non-Carrara specific content, poor sales of Carrara specific content may be because the universal availability of the high quality content for Poser/DS makes the sales Carrara specific content quite difficult.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......