Forum: Carrara

Subject: Spend Money at Daz? Don't want to see Carrara dumped? Read this please.

headwax. opened this issue on Jun 24, 2015 · 53 posts

manleystanley posted Thu, 23 July 2015 at 5:46 PM

It's simple really. If a sector is no longer bringing in revenue, EG Carrara, DSON Poser support, must a company continue to support it and focus their energy there? Does it make sense to support a sector that is not financially viable anymore? No it doesn't. These days you have to be very careful where you place your time and resources. What worked in the past doesn't always work today. Peoples interests and usage needs changes. Daz's focus is Studio and the Genesis platform because that is where the bulk of their revenue is coming from. Don't like that? Then continue using whatever makes you happy. A company is not going to change their business plan just to cater for your preference and lose money doing so. 

You just completely missed the entire point of this thread didn't you? Studio in and of it's self makes DAZ nothing, DAZ makes their money from content sales. Carraraest buy DAZ content. Carrara makes DAZ money. Studio costs no less to develop, more infact because DAZ is very actively developing Studio, yet DAZ gives it away. Now if DAZ was really interested in sales they would keep carrara as up to date and content friendly as studio. I stopped buying content from DAZ because it stopped working in carrara. Same with most carraraests, why should we buy content from DAZ when it doesn't work in DAZ's carrara? 

Now you just go ahead and shake those pompoms till the tassels fall off. Wont change the fact DAZ is cutting out a large revenue source by not keeping up it's paid for app in favor of it's free app.

34 pages

Carrara

Yes, right after DAZ takes this knife out of my back and I can actually use Genesis, G2F/M content properly; or at all.