Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11 Sneak Peek

nerd opened this issue on Jul 13, 2015 · 554 posts

Giana posted Sun, 02 August 2015 at 11:24 AM

as stated somewhere in this thread, i believe, but i'm being too lazy to bother to look, i'm still using P6. [gasp]

i am very slowly trying to get back into Poser and trying to learn things.  so many questions, not enough time.

and i'm pretty sure that somewhere in this thread i also shortlisted a few desirable things that would make me interested in upgraded [and having an extremely rude awakening after doing so... snort].  and one of those things i listed was 'ease of use'.

i am not of the push-button ilk, i like learning, but at the same time, if i feel as if i'm not accomplishing much of anything, it does get to be discouraging.  and, though i mayn't be the brightest bulb in any given box, nor am i terribly daft either.  and i'm stubborn, which in terms of learning, works in my favour.

but there is something that keeps running through my head... i keep seeing posts scattered throughout this thread that refer to what BB might be able to do with the upgrade once it's available, and given a number of hours to acclimate & play with the program.

and i mean absolutely zero, ziltch and nada disrespect whenst i say this, but i personally don't want to have to be reliant upon a single person, or a small group, to pass along information as to how to get the best and most fabulous of renders.  i appreciate all the posts, all the dedication, that BB and a handful of others give to Poser users - i think it quite generous of them to share as freely as they do.

however, the update needs a certain kind of intuitiveness & simplification**, not only for selfish reasons [i don't want to go into absolute shock & feel utterly lost coming from P6], but also because there seems to be so many push-button folks out there.  if a newer version of Poser was also a kinder and gentler version too, i think it might have a certain appeal that might be lacking otherwise.  i realise, and accept, the fact there are always learning curves, as there should be, but i shouldn't lose hair or sleep or whatever trying to figure things out on my own.  information passed along by BB should be the icing on my cake, not the cake itself.

** and yes, i did note that Teyon is using very few nodes, so at least p'raps some of i what i hope to see will be realised