Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Conforming clothes and hair animation

VirtualWorldDynamics opened this issue on Jun 14, 2015 ยท 787 posts

VirtualWorldDynamics posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 5:15 PM

@fivecat : Simulating a bun is often difficult to achieve. The higher is the bun, the higher the exercise is complicated. In fact, you can use every means to generate springs offered by the program. If the bun is very high and that the hanging on the head is not enough, you can select vertices at the top of the hair and use the "Nail to collision" with a fairly high rigidity (0.01). This action will allow you to generate these springs between the hair vertices and the closest vertices on the character's head.
Regarding the documentation, thank you for your assistance proposal. In fact, I am aware of have been a little concise about some explanations. Ideally, tell me point by point the subjects on which I was not clear enough.

**@**Fenric : Thank you for your informations. Unfortunately, I'm not so sure the conversion is so simple. First, I do not use C ++ as language and in addition, I think it is not so easy to convert the graphical functions in a plugin. I want to completely finalize the interface in Poser. I wish I could introduce the simulator calculations in multiple 3D tools. I think of 3D Studio Max that I know well, Maya and others. I do not know what will happen in future, but I confess that rather than write ten times the same thing in different ways, I prefer to put all my energy into writing innovative features that I hope , will achieve more realistic simulations. For me, keeping the same interface for all 3D tools and create a scripted interface is currently the only solution, in any case, as long as I am alone for developping.

**@**0oseven : Thank you for your video. I also want to say that the defaults settings provide extremely fluid results, maybe even a little too much for some clothes. Feel free to stiffen a cloth by one method or the other or both at the same time to obtain stiffer clothes. It all depends on the result you want to achieve. Your animation is superb, did you try to make a long hair simulation with it.
Thank you for sharing the information in this thread on other sites and in the Carrara Forum. I have to permeate myself with the Carrara's philosophy to start thinking about the integration of VWD & Hair Cloth in its environment.

@Biscuits : I try to do a simulation with your "Tormented Fashion Dress." I tried to keep a fluidity without losing realism. Tell me what you think.

**I think I can say that the final version will be fully finished this weekend. I want to do sufficient testing to take no risk of errors. Again I ask a little patience.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube