Forum: Community Center

Subject: Image Sizes in Gallery

hopeandlove opened this issue on Aug 19, 2015 ยท 99 posts

Frequency3D posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 4:30 PM

If I can't speak for the other vendors here, I'll at least speak for myself. We want customers, and we want happy customers. We want to be part of and contribute to a fantastic community. We want to see our products in renders. We also want to see renders and images that inspire us, regardless.

I don't believe the Gallery should be treated as a 'secondary' concern. It may very well be the heart of the site. We only sell products because people see a reason to use them, because they are tools for the customer to create something of their own. We are part of a process, not the end product in itself.

Make it a goal to create a gallery that is equal to or better than those of your competitors. Listen to the users and make the RO gallery the place to be. This will contribute to making RO the place to shop - and in the long run even the place to advertise. These things are very connected, and a long term view is required here. Content - and users - are king.

So for image size restrictions, what you can afford server space-wise is the real question here.

A file size restriction seems more reasonable than an image pixel size restriction. If you need to have that, I would say increase it or by the very least leave it at what existed before the site update. Psychologically speaking, people accept the status quo and are pleased by improvements. On the other hand, creating restrictions that were not there before when progress is expected tends to make people unhappy.

Frequency Gallery  |  Frequency Store