Forum: Community Center

Subject: Bag of Hammers

Fringewood opened this issue on Aug 18, 2015 ยท 24 posts

3dstories posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:10 PM

The last site make-over of Renderosity made it harder to use, but I eventually fo8und ways to compensate, such as using the horizontal bar rectangle in my browser to rescale everything to 80%. It never really solved the problem of image bloat for promos, but it at least made it tolerable to view the market product pages and the PRIME pages.

This site has now taken the things I disliked about DAZ and brought them in AND in addition somehow managed to make itself even harder to view and navigate.

I have been saying for the last two years that Renderosity has gotten "click Happy," never failing to take the path of making more clicks to a purchase rather than less. To me ithas shown a fundamental disrespect of the artists and customers who participate and the value of their/our time spent on your site. Now, in addition, Rendo has decided to make me go through contortions just to view what are supposed to be the important marketing pages on the gosh-darned site??? Egads!!!

Even the basics were dumped here in the forum -hard to mess up you would think - in Renderosity's apparent zeal for change, perhaps just for change's sake.

What happened, for example, to the simple and basic tools to underline, resize, italicize, and make bold text here in the forum??? What, are we supposed to click on the "markdown" blue text, read it as if it were a privacy and terms of use statement and then become software programmers putting in assterisks in various numbers before and after the words we want to emphasize just to write a post???

Aren't most artists still working on a desktop or a laptop? I mean 3D needs horsepower. Or is it that the site is being designed for viewing on an iphone or something? The dysfunctional layout just doesn't make sense on my machine. It's not fun to read it's just hard. Assuming I'm not missing anything..... =>

Sorry guys, WORST LAYOUT TO DATE ! ! !

And I'm not talking aesthetics. Just fundamental usability.