Forum: Fractals

Subject: Tried to tell you

Lenord opened this issue on Aug 18, 2015 ยท 12 posts

Badsue posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:40 PM

I haven't been active on Rendo for a while, just jumped in yesterday (after Rendo had been down the day before) to check the fractals gallery. I got slightly shocked to see the new appearance of everything, took me some time to even find the fractals gallery. Didn't find any new upload from you, Len, since July 31st, and due to reading your description I thought something must be wrong at your side (thinking of your health mainly). Now I thought maybe there's some news in the fractals forum, and here I am (after having searched for it for a while). Glad to see you posting here and seem to be well!

I didn't have the time to upoad anything yet so didn't know about the new restrictions, but since the max. size was only 512k in the past, I had to shrink my images to a smaller size than rendered all the time anyway, they mostly were much too detailed. So the new size for me doesn't actually change anything for me, if it's still 512k (which I didn't check yet either).
I don't really know if any of my uploads are gone, but there are a couple of blank places - does that mean there once was an image? I also noticed that all comments that needed a 2nd page are gone now - if one clicks on page 2, only page 1 opens again. My gallery thumbnails in upright size look very ugly now, not at all clear. Plus my gallery thumbs are not in a row anymore but in a messy order, also upload dates are muddled.

If nobody will spend time in the galleries anymore, then I'm not very motivated to upload anything anymore. But maybe they'll still work on the site and fix some problems, I can only hope so. I'm a member on DA as well but never uploaded anything there yet. I find DA really complicated and don't even know how to start. Plus, as I see it, one has to be present very often to reply to comments, but unfortunately I don't have enough time for that. So I guess if one isn't present all the time, one wouldn't get comments, which again leads to frustration. ;) So I really don't know what I'll do in the future. I'm not retired yet and have to work all day, so I'm just happy to find some spare time for my fractals hobby, but I can't spend much time on any site like Rendo or DA to leave comments or reply on any. It's a mess.
I have some stuff to upload though, so I guess I'll give it a try today or tomorrow here and see what happens. I only hope it's not all coming to an end here now.
By the way - where can I see the total of images I've uploaded now?