Forum: Community Center

Subject: Just bring back old Rendo

-Timberwolf- opened this issue on Aug 21, 2015 ยท 27 posts

FreeBass posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 4:27 PM

For myself, I'm not against the idea of a site "upgrade" per se, but against this current implementation.

Much like EVERY other piece of info I have regarding this Revolution, I've pieced together from various threads the fact that there was in fact a Beta test for this "New Improved" 'Rosity. Obviously it was a closed beta, as I never heard a ting 'bout it 'til th'other day, & I assume that the testers invited were all vendors due to the fact that they have access to parts of the site the rest of us don't that also need testing. Again, I have no problem with this... seems like SOP to me. The problem lies in the fact that y'all went directally from closed beta to EAT IT!!! Bad juju, 'Rosity... very bad. The Grand Reopening is no place fer the open beta (open beta also being SOP).

(edited to remove tangentail rant)

Coupla years ago my car got called in on a recall. Ya know what they did? They gave me what they called a Courtesy Car to drive while my own was out of commission. That car, while not the shiniest or newest, worked just fine in the interim. See where I'm goin' with this?

My bottom line here is by all means go forth w/ the upgrades, but don't force us to "get used to" a broken product. Do a proper Open Beta on an alternate address while leaving a previous stable iteration of the site intact at the main addy while y'all make yr dream site come to life with full Google/ Win 10/ whatever support/ compliance.

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!