Forum: Community Center

Subject: Gallery Images

hopeandlove opened this issue on Aug 17, 2015 ยท 283 posts

CoyoteSeven posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 6:34 PM

@4222525

Jenifer,

All these problems should not have made it out of beta testing TO BEGIN WITH!

I've seen where the beta testers on other threads mentioned the plethora of bugs, but were either ignored or told it will be fixed when the "upgrade" goes live...
😦 SAY WHAT?! 😦

I would dare say a few minor bugs (usually present in all sites after a major upgrade/revamp) may have been graciously accepted by most members/customers/vendors, but the whole site gone FUBAR?

I think you all got the gist through the forums, that this was not acceptable.

I have a feeling there's going to be some heavy duty "keester smooching", especially to the vendors for awhile after this fiasco.
They're the ones that probably suffered the most due to this travesty.

Hopefully TPTB have learned something and will never repeat this atrocity, again:

1. NEVER hire the lowest/cheapest bidder to do ANY job.
  2. Beta test the living crap out of your upgrade(s) and really listen to your beta testers during these tests.
  3. Never, ever, release a site upgrade with more bugs than an entomology research facility and expect your users to "roll with the flow" until we get it fixed.

Time will tell over the next few days if all these promises are fulfilled, but remember, the longer it takes, the more members/customers/vendors may be lost.

Just my 2% of the US Dollar.

Personal note: Really sucks that Dumbdown, er, Markdown does not allow the use of special characters (like the cent sign) in posts...
I understand it's really pi**ing off the European users of this site. TPTB may want to consider that little problem, too.