Forum: Community Center

Subject: Gallery Images

hopeandlove opened this issue on Aug 17, 2015 ยท 283 posts

anahata.c posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 12:14 PM

Jenifer:
By "the texts we wrote in our original Favorite Artist choices" I mean: When we fav'd an artist in the past---ie, to get their upload-ebots---some of us wrote texts of appreciation with our fav's. (Ie, "A great fractal artist, with a terrific sense of humor...") In the old RR "fav's" page, you saw our Favorite Artists in the left column, and our Favorite Images in the right column. In both columns, we had the option to write a text, to tell the artist why we fav'd them or why we fav'd their image: That's what I'm talking about. In the case of the Favorite Artist's list, anyone who wished to see why we chose that artist could read our comments. It was a nice way to share our feelings with the site.

This isn't an "essential" function, but for those of us who wrote appreciations in either column, those texts mattered to us. (Consider faving a single image: The little "I love what you did with your colors!" was an extra "thank you" that we passed along to the artist. And they'd get an ebot for our comment, and one for our fav, and our text showed up in the fav-ebot, so they didn't have to go to our gallery to see what we wrote.

At present, our Favorite Artists ("Following" in the new terminology, I think) is a drop down menu, without any text. And our Favorite Images is a big pastiche without any text. If RR wishes to remove those text functions, ok; but RR took away the text we'd written in the past. And for some of us, that was a little upsetting. Will the text function be restored eventually?

Finally, as others have noted: How do we see who fav'd our images, now? Is it in the notifications? We used to get ebots for: Gallery comments, fav'd images, and someone faving our gallery. Will we see those ebots return?

Thanks for doing this, Jenifer (and whoever else is involved). We really needed to hear from people like you. I appreciate it greatly. Mark