Forum: Community Center

Subject: Gallery Images

hopeandlove opened this issue on Aug 17, 2015 ยท 283 posts

anahata.c posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 6:21 AM

I've read these entries for a week now, and I want to ask something that hasn't been answered---I've earned the right after 60 years in the arts, because I've studied, taught, sold and worked with artists all my life: Why did RR do this??? Why???

No one's given a genuine explanation. You wanted a better look---I understand. You wanted to make RR more appealing to its vendors and advertisers? Unquestionable: This is a business, you want to improve earnings. No questions asked.

But all this? So much shifting of essential functions? Look at all the requests here: Aside from the huge issues---like image size, which has actually been improved now; or upload time---many are smaller in nature: Ie, albums, zooming, white on black, etc etc. But all these issues were HERE before, they're essential to an artist's family. A gathering across the globe, in one place. Do you you know how we dreamt of such a thing, before digital? It is a FAMILY here. Why were so many functions removed? Why? Did they interfere with sales? How could they? Why all this deletion?

The very fact that many of your most dedicated members have to ask so many questions makes us feel like school children knocking on the Principal's door, hoping to be heard. Some of you have been wonderful in responding; and I know well how difficult that is. You look out the window and see a flock of angry people, and think, "oh god, I gotta go OUT there again..." And some of you have been terrific. But why was this done??? Was there at least a reason why the site was taken so far? It offended many vendors, so it couldn't have improved business that much. And it offended many artists who USE those vendors, so it hurt business there too.

I appreciated your last redesign: There were complaints, but the site's integrity was maintained. And I've said "thank you" over and over, for your devotion in correcting THIS redesign: I know this week has been maddening for you (believe me: I've been there, pre-digital). But why was the change this massive? Was depleting so many essentials part of a larger view? I hope most of our requests will be heeded. Please keep the cores that make this a family. Artists clamored to find community before the web, now they have it in their very living rooms: Please keep that going. The 'little' concerns, however little, were all WORKING before, they were part of our family. Please keep them going. Please bring them all back.