Forum: Community Center

Subject: Tutorial On

hopeandlove opened this issue on Aug 20, 2015 ยท 77 posts

modus0 posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 4:55 PM

@4222703

I've been around long enough to see both DAZ3D and RuntimeDNA change their site's multiple times, never needed a tutorial to figure out those new layouts. Hell, I've never needed a tutorial to figure out how to navigate a website I've never used before either.

If Renderosity really needs one, then maybe Renderosity needs another site "upgrade" (you can call it an upgrade, I'll call it a downgraded mess), focused on USABILITY and EASE OF NAVIGATION.

The sentiment of trying to help is appreciated, but it's something that should NEVER have needed to be considered.

Sadly, TPTB at Renderosity have a history (I'd show at least one example, but I can't seem to find any of my posts prior to this site "upgrade" under my Forum Stats) of giving us patronizing "Try it, we know you'll love it once you get used to it" responses (every unwelcome update, always the same response; it's like a broken record), and a few major issues get addressed, but precious little else, and we're just expected to shut up and "enjoy" ourselves.

Though I must congratulate Renderosity on one thing: I've been posting again after having stopped when the last Forum borkening made me decide to minimize my time here. It won't last though, if the site continues on as it is, I won't be posting again. And once I've cleared out my wishlist, either through purchasing or deciding I don't need something, I'll drop this site like a rancid corpse.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.