Forum: Community Center

Subject: Gallery Updates

bwsupport opened this issue on Aug 26, 2015 ยท 19 posts

Rhett55 posted Sat, 05 September 2015 at 4:27 PM

Hoping this goes through, as the last few time I have tried to post, it just errors out. As to the gallery updates, I, for one, really do not care what others are saying is "hot", or see a list that everyone else has posted as "favorite". I look through the galleries to find that art the stands out from the rest, that surprises me, and many, many times that is from an artist that nobody knows, is on no ones "auto fav" list. Artists that I may be the only commenter. The never ending sprawl of continuous gallery scrolling is horrible. As has been pointed out, I have always noted page numbers while browsing the gallery. I knew where to go back and find something. Now, it just a slow loading nightmare. Also, as to the continuous scrolling, even though the product pages are now not scrolling, they seem to be fixed at something like 130 items per page. Please either limit them to some reasonable count, or give us the option of items per page. This is common in web programming and should not be difficult to implement. I am trying to be fair here and adopt a "wait and see" attitude. I have seen some improvement, but the entire mobile app interface is a disaster. Would it not have been better to either write a mobile app for those users, or have device detection to direct to a parallel site? As to Prime? Well, I'l leave that be at this time other than to say, it was handled wrong. Between the credit card fiasco and the new site, my buying has stopped. Truly hoping you get this straightened out before everyone leaves. Peace - Rhett