Forum: Community Center

Subject: Gallery Image Search

shonsu opened this issue on Sep 09, 2015 ยท 4 posts

Giana posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 2:01 AM

hello!!

are you by any chance not using an ad blocker in your browser? i know it is a silly question, but i was experiencing the same thing that you wrote about above, and i had no blocker at that time. after i installed an ad blocker [Ad Edge is what i installed in the latest update for Firefox], suddenly the search was working for me. strange, right?

also, after i installed Ad Edge, and tested things out on here using it, and because things were working, i then added a few 'subsciptions' onto the blocker. and i found things stopped functioning once again for me on this site whenst trying to utilise Search [but only the gallery search as all others worked fine]. so i trashed the additional 'subscriptions' from Ad Edge so that i was left with only what i had originally installed. and 'lo & behold, once again, the gallery search started working fine.

if by chance you are using an ad blocker currently, you might want take a look at what 'subscription lists' you may also have working in tandem with it. if you have no blocker, see if adding one might help.

i don't have any true conclusive data, but maybe some of this can help give you ideas on how to get it working for yourself quicker than waiting on the programmers here to try to suss things out... just a thought... 🙂