Forum: Bryce

Subject: To Bryce and Hexagon Users

Grey_cat opened this issue on Aug 09, 2015 ยท 36 posts

Stephen Ray posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 2:38 AM

IMO Daz could care less about software. I brokered for them before they bought out Bryce 5 from Coral. As soon as they got Bryce they did a 5.5 update that basically put their name on the software. I immediately started brokering content for Bryce. There is not a lot of content too be made for Bryce (Skies, Materials, Terrains, Trees, other objects. ) The two guys who still broker Bryce product, are great and talented, ( they recently pointed me to the 7.1 upgrade at Daz ) But if I recall correctly, they are starting to Broker tutorial for Bryce. Which tells me, as talented as those guys are, there is only so much content people will buy for Bryce.

IMO what would save Bryce is for Daz or a competitor to do an upgrade that puts a plug-in or pathway into 3D gaming engines. So Bryce content, materials, animation, etc....can be easily broght into 3D gaming engines. That is where the big$$$$$ is in the industry now. I say Daz could careless about software, because these are some of the programs I have bought from them, that I can no longer download....Injection Magic, INJection Pose Builder 1.5, UTC Michael 3 Plugin, Universal Texture Convertor, The Tailor 1.5, Deep Paint 3D, Texture Weapons, ZBrush 2, Mega Software Bundle, Hexagon 2.5, & then some. There's only one item I out right sold too Daz that's still in the marketplace. ( The only one I made compatible with Daz Studio ) I refused to make anymore cause the software stinks IMO. {Poser Rocks} :)

Anyway that's my 2 cents of mindlessness.

Stephen Ray