Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is it time to just end any support for the guys in Poser and DS?

SeanMartin opened this issue on Sep 14, 2015 ยท 57 posts

Male_M3dia posted Thu, 17 September 2015 at 7:51 PM

SeanMartin posted at 8:47PM Thu, 17 September 2015 - #4229046

Lest folks think I"m whining, I'm not. I"m simply stating an obvious fact. There is so little need for the male meshes that if you look at DAZ's "what's hot", you will find exactly one thing for the guys amidst thirty or so for the women. Law of supply and demand seems to be saying that so few people care about using the guys that it's pointless even for DAZ to do it.

As for the response that "M5 is a character, not a figure!", look at the literally tons of things released when V5 was put on sale, and then tell me that V5 is just a character and not a figure. Figure or character, it doesnt matter. What reflects community interest is what's showing up in the stores, and it doesnt take much to look either at DAZ or here to see that the vendors simply do not care about creating stuff they know will not sell.

Sorry, just being painfully truthful here. If usage of the guys is now going to be dictated by special request modelling that requires a couple of hundred bucks just to get one outfit, then it's time to shut it down. I damn sure dont have that kind of money, and I doubt many others do for what is pretty much a hobby.

I"m just not seeing a whole lot of future here, sorry.

There male outfits and characters today at DAZ or the M4 character and outfit that popped up on rendo the other day. Also M5 content hasn't been made in about 2 years because M6 is the current generation; I think from the responses in this thread, you're alone in your assessment.