Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Time to leave V4?

Dave-So opened this issue on Sep 20, 2015 ยท 238 posts

chaecuna posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 4:59 AM

I don't understand the scope of this thread. All the options have been extensively discussed in the last months and no new event has happened in the mean time; repeating the questions cannot lead to different answers.

The nearest in time event that might change the situation is the release of Poser which has to happen before year's end for its financial effects to take place in 2015.

About SMSI, from what I gathered in investors chats, they are is still sitting on enough cash to be beaten Cassius Clay-like for several (4+) quarters before reaching liquidity problems and SMSI top dogs haven't shown any inclination to step down/steer the firm into being bought by anybody (sarcastic comment of one of my fellow chatters: "by who?"). Personally, I think that no short term (4-5 quarters) societary changes are in order, even in the case NASDAQ delisting takes place (deadline March 8th, 2016 or, if they get a reprive, around early September 2016) or Dicker Investments closes its SMSI position.

On Daz front, they have no reason whatsoever to change their strategy; in the supremely unlikely possibility of SMSI selling their consumer products division, I feel that they might be slightly interested in Anime/Manga Studio since it would be the 2D complement to their 3D line, but definitely not in Poser (or in any other Smith Micro non-telco product/IP).

TL;DR: nothing new on the western front, so let's all enjoy the silence, broken only by crickets, that has descended on this forum.