Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: I might be confused about how Genesis works...help?

Photopium opened this issue on Sep 19, 2015 ยท 17 posts

Magic_Man posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 8:19 AM

Couple of related questions, also new to Studio.

I've noticed that some characters show at the base level of the appropriate character directory branch, e.g. genesis 3 female, and have an icon. I can import the complete character from that file at that level. However, some characters don't have this top level file and rely on the 'morph' etc. in a named sub-directory. Is there a way to add such a top level file to these to make them show at the same level as the rest?

Additionally, some characters, e.g. Victoria 7, have their materials in a separate sub folder outside of their character sub folder whereas others just put everything in the character folder. I assume this is just down to how the vendor has decided to 'pack' their character and there is nothing stopping me re-organising them manually to follow the same format?

Same sort of thing with some hair and pose packages - they get installed as sub folders of a character rather than at a higher, global level. Again, I assume this is just down to the particular package and there is nothing stopping me re-organising where they actually sit in the folder hierarchy to tidy things up and reduce things being split up in different folders?

Thanks.