Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Conforming clothes and hair animation

VirtualWorldDynamics opened this issue on Jun 14, 2015 · 787 posts

macsavers posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 10:33 AM

I'm doing my Mac to Virtual PC test and I'm already running into an error. Now, this is probably the most exotic configuration to do this, so I'm not surprised to run into a problem. My installation is pretty much non-standard and I've run into issues before without trying VWD. I've resolved those issues and have it running just fine on the Mac and in Virtual PC. But my non-standard installation does cause issues for situations like this and is a great test for what could possibly go wrong.

So, I have my Runtime actually stored in location other than the Home folder. I have it in the Shared folder in the User's folder. This allows other users to take advantage of all the content and keeps it out of my Applications section to solve bloat and backup issues. After a bit of tweaking on the Virtual PC side to see the Shared folder, Poser Pro 2014 sees the content just fine and loads it just fine. I can create a scene on the Mac and load it on the Virtual PC version and it works just fine.

Unfortunately, when I attempt to use VWD, I get an error after importing it an item. I've tried two different dresses with just a basic V4 character with no morphs. I did conform the dress to V4. Then I hit the Start VWD button, clicked the Poser® List button. The two items in the scene showed up as Victoria 4 and Sonya Dress. I select the Sonya Dress, click Cloth in the Import As. Then I click the 'Import Cloth' button... not quite sure why the two steps by the way... and it starts working... Eventually I get this error:

screenShot_vwdError.jpg

I'm assuming it can't find the OBJ due to the special location of the Runtime folder.