Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Time to leave V4?

Dave-So opened this issue on Sep 20, 2015 ยท 238 posts

ssgbryan posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 2:53 PM

shvrdavid posted at 1:43PM Tue, 22 September 2015 - #4230000

It is good to see that someone still uses her, lol.. It is ironic thou. Lots of people told me years ago that characters with lots of bones would never fly... I have been rigging them that way for years, and heard that from more people than I can remember. Now people embrace characters with lots of bones, and it is nothing new by any means.

There is a way to mirror the mapping when rigging non symmetrical wire frames using scripts, but it breaks far to easily. Accidentally mirror the rigging with Posers built in commands and it is all over....

Look at the change in horsepower. When Poser 7 was released, I was running a PowerMac running at 773Mhz with 1.5Gb of memory. Now I have a 6 year old computer (Mac Pro flashed 5,1) with 8 cores running at 2.26Ghz & 32Gb of ram. Makes a difference in what one can do.

The SM G2 figures are my goto figures. (I luv Jessi, Miki 2, Olivia, & Sydney) In my stories, about 70% of the main characters are SM figures. - They are realistically sized & proportioned figures that don't look anything like V4. The fact that I have more figures for Sydney & company than were ever released for genesis 2 series over at DAZ amuses me to no end.

What would I need to do to get a copy of that weight mapped Sydney?