Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is it time to just end any support for the guys in Poser and DS?

SeanMartin opened this issue on Sep 14, 2015 · 57 posts

wolf359 posted Fri, 02 October 2015 at 4:47 PM

I am mostly interested in the Sci Fi Genre for animation, This is an Area where Smith micro/Content paradise really Fell short for both Males & Females. Also on male HAIR OPTIONS we saw very little variety for james,Simon ,koji Ryan or the “CP G2” males.

Over the past decade Poser 6 james had the most potential IMHO but his musculature topology was not very good and his morph options were limited. Appollo Max??… I am sorry but for all of his “innovation” You could not get him to look like anyone other than apollo max he lacked muscular detail And just Like the dead&gone “Antonia” His “wave of the future” rigging made him incompatible with standard biped Character motion Data thus precluded him from My character animation workflow.

The majority of his content consisted of homoerotic fetish wear and thus was not useful to me at least

And again where was his Sci-fi gear?? and facial hair options.

In response to the claim that “genesis brought nothing new to the table” Well that depends on your primary usage habits.

If all you ever render are stills of NSEWG’s* (naked ,skinny Eurocentric white girls)

Then yes genesis offers you not much over V4 from the end user perspective. But if you need non standard humanoid ,sci- fi fantasy beings (male & female Aliens ,Dwarfs,monsters etc) or REALISTIC Obese humans, that can ALL wear The same Factional ,galactic uniforms or other sci fi gear Without the need for tedious& cumbersome Conversion/refitting sessions that goes pieces as soon as the figure starts to move across the floor . Then I would Argue that genesis brings much to the Table that is “new” for my usage habits

And I wont even bother to mention the lack of modern animation tools for SM native males because I No longer use poser for Character animation .

My website

YouTube Channel