Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Time to leave V4?

Dave-So opened this issue on Sep 20, 2015 ยท 238 posts

Zev0 posted Sun, 04 October 2015 at 6:10 AM

@ SSbryan - Doesn't matter what gets said, doesn't matter who is singled out, doesn't matter who hates what, all that matters is what is happening. Store trends don't lie. Majority of vendors support where the money is at. Hate Genesis all you want, slam Daz, hell call them names if it makes you sleep at night. Bottom line, it ain't going to change the fact that it is the money maker. And frankly, as content developers, that is the no.1 attraction. Sure there are those who do this for the love where money doesn't really matter, but to most of us this is our jobs. "Oh please support Dawn, she is lovely." How about Dawn supports us with high enough sales?

There is a reason most vendors have moved on, or don't bother with certain figures. But is this content developers fault? Not really. In fact it comes down to user interest. If nobody cares about a figure anymore, there is nothing you can do to change peoples minds or force them to use it. Supply and demand. That is what it's all about, and that is what we cater for. If there is no real demand for a figure, we are not going to supply for it. And we cannot afford to go on demands of a few vocal individuals, we follow sales numbers. Same can be said with software support. If sales for one doesn't warranty support anymore, it will be dropped.

Oh one more thing, what is this whole confidence with our choice nonsense? Of course I am confidence with my choice lol. Me commenting in these threads have nothing to do with that. I used to comment here long time before I was a vendor. And FYI, if I choose to reply to a Daz forum I'll do so on Daz's site, not some empty alternative space here or on any other site. This is like saying why don't more Poser users comment in the Poser section at Daz:)

In closing, remember, content sales determines demand, not the fitting room or conversion software. People want results, and most don't want to tinker and create things themselves. Most do not have the time. Hell I am the same. Instead of just posing a figure, I'll go get a pose set that does what I want and saves me time. My end goal is to render, not spend hours converting things. This is a store, people come here to buy lol. People will pay for the service and convenience of quality content. What you're saying is everybody should walk rather than pay for a bus drive into town. Now, I am going to make my coffee, and continue to supply the demand. LaterZ. Enjoy your walk. And put on a jacket, it's quite chilli outside.

My Renderosity Store