Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Time to leave V4?

Dave-So opened this issue on Sep 20, 2015 ยท 238 posts

JVRenderer posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 2:29 AM

To answer the OP question: Why do you need to leave V4. She's not going anywhere. You have her in your runtime(S). I bet you, just like me, have so much V4 content that if you create one render per day, It'll take you a few years to use up all her content.

If you want to explore other figures, whether Genesis or Dawn, just add them to your arsenal. You don't need to abandon V4.2 Don't let others (you know who you are) persuade you into buying stuff you don't want. You don't owe them anything. It is your choice and your money. You have full control of it. Dawn, G1, G2, G3 will not make your art better. You, as an artist makes those figures look good. And don't think of buying new content as an investment. You expect a return from an investment. None of those 'investments' those vendors mentioned will guarantee or even give you a return. None of the statistics matters. It is a freaking hobby. We didn't invest in the 3d content. We willingly pay for it, and we intend to use it. Perhaps if enough vendors abandon support for V4, there maybe an opportunity for a small niche market for V4.

I use V4, Dawn, G2F in poser, G3F in DS4.8 Render on. JV

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery