Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Figure Renewel Project - Mildog part 1

Lyrra opened this issue on Oct 06, 2015 ยท 135 posts

Lyrra posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 8:47 PM

The mildog appeared to have been modeled with its mouth closed. This makes adding new rigging to it problematic at best. Honestly I don't know if it is possible to add a jaw bone to it to make opening the mouth rigging instead of a morph, but it's worth looking at. Currently the mouth open, howl and etc are all done with morphs. It may not be possible to set up a traditional ball-and-stick rigged bone to open the mouth without breaking the teeth and tongue.

The easiest method of course would be to assign the lower jaw, teeth and so forth to a new group and add the bone for that, but this would a) break every existing morph and b) mean the improved dog with new obj would require RTEncoding so 90% of users would flee in terror rather than read directions, open a program and click three times.

I did look at the warhound but I don't own it. I think I have the gargoyle hound around someplace ... that is another one that could use new shaders :) who has time?

I'm not sure about an articulated tongue, I'm pretty sure its all morphs as well. That again would require regrouping, new bones, and RTEncoding et al.

LM