Forum: Community Center

Subject: Really unhappy with the new site design

CobraBlade opened this issue on Aug 29, 2015 ยท 79 posts

3dstories posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 11:38 AM

hopeandlove posted at 11:20AM Mon, 12 October 2015 - #4232842

maneki_neko posted at 9:57AM Thu, 08 October 2015 - #4232827

+1 with original poster. don't ask for details, everything sux.

1. kill all ads

2. annihilate all "picked for you"/"sponsored stuff"/"what's cool now" and similar crappy frames since we're all big enough to make our own choices.

and then we'll talk. maybe.

These are good features to have because we want to show you the latest cool images and photos that we think you'll like. Most websites are doing something similiar. You may also do so on your own, but we're also showing you specific images we think you'll like. Thanks so much!

"Sponsored Items" (by Rendo Vendors) and things like "Trending Now" don't bother me; in fact I kind of like them. But as an artist "picked for you" gets my dander up. I'm pretty sure that it's not somebody I know who's thoughtfully picking stuff out for me. That leaves an algorithm which in California fashion is trying to track what I do and make educated formulaic guesses. Ironically the more accurate the formulaic guesses the more creeped out I become. The concept is the antithesis of what an artist - a supposed architect of original works - is typically trying to accomplish.

More and more I feel that Renderosity is trying to follow the latest hot fad, deciding rather than listening. I would like feedback on how sales are doing since the change. It's been about two months. Has interest increased due to the new format? And if so has that interest translated into increased sales? Or at least stable sales? I would respect the changes more if I knew that they were making a difference. I would like to see vendors and fellow artists succeeding. Right now I still don't find it as much fun to browse as I used to and that results in less being put into a wish-list, which is a leading indicator of me likely to buy in the near future.