Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Time to leave V4?

Dave-So opened this issue on Sep 20, 2015 ยท 238 posts

RorrKonn posted Tue, 20 October 2015 at 3:28 PM

michelvanspeybroeck posted at 4:15PM Tue, 20 October 2015 - #4234451

As a longtime poser user (since poser 2) i have recently downloaded daz studio and i am using it more then poser now. I did not like switching, but i had to. There is to much content out that is daz studio only and it is great content. I stil use poser, i will only upgrade poser to the next generation if it where possible to utilize new quality content.

All this in the long term is not good news for us users. I strongly belief in the benefits of companies having to compete. If daz would turn out to be the sole winner, we as user will pay for it money wise or in lesser quality. That is the nature of business.

So i hope that somehow there stil is a bright future for poser. I just can not see how that could be achieved.

I guess SM has some serious homework to do.

Smith Micro has a list of softwares they sell.Poser is a software.

DAZ is a vendor.I know they make DAZ Studio but that was only so they could have more control as a vender. make there meshes compatible for all softwares .They even have Max n Maya on there home page Poser to

Smith Micro is not a vendor. None of the companies that owned Poser ever was a vendor. 90%+ of Poser users has always depended on DAZ n Vicky.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance