Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Time to leave V4?

Dave-So opened this issue on Sep 20, 2015 ยท 238 posts

RorrKonn posted Tue, 20 October 2015 at 5:35 PM

Smith Micro has a list of softwares they sell.Poser is a software.

DAZ is a vendor.I know they make DAZ Studio but that was only so they could have more control as a vender. make there meshes compatible for all softwares .They even have Max n Maya on there home page Poser to

Smith Micro is not a vendor. None of the companies that owned Poser ever was a vendor. 90%+ of Poser users has always depended on DAZ n Vicky.

I am aware that SM is a software company with many titles but as in all companies every product has to make a profit and as big as possible.

The succes of poser was in no small account made possible by the symbiosis between daz and poser. That is no longer the case and poser is in real need of other content creator(s). Sure there are content creators in this community and although i admire the hard work of these creators it is impossible as smal business to compete with daz.

So although sm does not provide content they surely must be aware that there profits from poser software will diminish if they do not come up with some third company creating content or if they would invest in the vendors that still are creating quality content from this community.

I really wouldn't expect Smith Micro to become vendors. Some of Smith Micro app's do not have a large users base. Guess when Poser is worthless to them there do like all the other companies n sell Poser.

At one time DAZ did make them a offer to add there code to Poser. Which would have made DAZ part owner of Poser. Who knows we might end up with DAZ Poser.

I can only assume Poser users will start depending on HW3D n Dawn like they did DAZ n Vicky.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance