Forum: Bryce

Subject: To Bryce and Hexagon Users

Grey_cat opened this issue on Aug 09, 2015 ยท 36 posts

Bambam131 posted Wed, 28 October 2015 at 3:27 PM

Well it seems that everytime that I come here I continue to read all this depressing news about Bryce. I myself still use Bryce and I still create models and terrains and textures that seem to work and look very good, well at least to me. Until I'm not able to use Bryce I will continue to use the program because of the ease of use. I use version 5.5 not 7.5 which is a train wreck in my opinion. In 7.5 you can hardly have a file greater than 450 megs before the system will freeze or lockup to the point that you have to shut down the program altogether. At least in Bryce 5.5 I can still have files over 1 Gig without crashing the program but even than you are limited to the amount of detail that you create for your models. Sometime I have to render different section separately then doing postwork you integrate all the elements using a program like PhotoShop. I will still continue to use Bryce until I actually take the time to learn another modeling program and I just don't know if I have the patience to learn something like Lightwave or 3D MAX.

Regards,

David