Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Daz Studio 4.9 Big Changes Incoming!!

ghosty12 opened this issue on Oct 28, 2015 ยท 502 posts

Writers_Block posted Thu, 29 October 2015 at 8:08 PM

Zev0 posted at 1:04AM Fri, 30 October 2015 - #4235687

Depends on the cloud system. All the Daz one will do is alert you of real time content updates, sort content, suggest products etc. Expecting users to monitor this themselves isn't working as half of them aren't alerted when a product has been updated unless they check dim every time. The system isn't going to steal your information or spy on you. Not all cloud systems are evil. This cloud system is strictly for content management and how it is handled, nothing else. Are people scared of this type of thing? Yes, but it all depends on the type of company behind the system. I don't think Daz is an evil corporation that want to know what you had for supper or monitor your private actions. We all have different views on these things. I for one have no issue with cloud systems because in a lot of ways it is more dynamic and real-time compared to older systems. Only issue I do have is some companies motives behind them. In this regard, I don't think Daz's motives are to harm users or violate their trust.

We don't know their motives.

I wonder if the DRM isn't a double bluff; not mention it, folks get caught up on it, when the intent long-term is to go subscription only. After all, the EULA already says 'we' don't own it, only licence it. And EULAs change. It is a logical progression from what is being introduced now. I guess we'll wait and see. Other than the DRM and the cloud part, there is lots to like about this. After 4.8 it isn't ground-breaking, but small speed improvements in render speeds and bug fixes are always nice.