Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Daz Studio 4.9 Big Changes Incoming!!

ghosty12 opened this issue on Oct 28, 2015 ยท 502 posts

LPR001 posted Fri, 30 October 2015 at 1:33 PM

malwat posted at 3:51AM Sat, 31 October 2015 - #4235932

I do not use modern Photoshop because it is taking my money week in, week out. I prefer to buy things and own them wherever possible - like hard-copies of books.

In some areas what Adobe did was not such a bad thing as there are a lot of people in the world that would have never had the opportunity to buy the Photoshop software outright. There is very early version of PS here you practically had to sell a kidney to buy a copy. Adobe still have their training wheels on with it though CC2014 upgrade to 2015 80% or more that you had purchased from their store was no longer compatible. So each time you started your computer it would give you a flood of install failed CC messages. I paid for these and there are still some that the vendor has not updated and have been unusable for a longer period than I could utilize them in the first place. Cloud issues etc, I always found Daz to be fast paced company and the vendors etc kept up with anything required re updates. Obviously given the advance spec requirements etc. One could say Daz were leaders not followers in most areas So there might be reason why they have been very slow to go down this path (Look and Learn) and there still is a chance they will get it right with a minimum of inconvenience to the user. They probably have even factored in the initial customary bitchin' session which we all know, love and are entitled to do.

I am not so sure on the cloud side it is a wait and see. I don't mind the little shop they have going I can live with it even if a little subliminal while you scroll through your content and the one thing that would suit perfectly is in the next box down. The main thing I have noticed is the render times it does seem to kick along quicker

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com