Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question for the Render Guru's here

rokket opened this issue on Jul 26, 2015 ยท 1225 posts

stonemason posted Sun, 08 November 2015 at 7:07 PM

I guess all you can do is follow the tutorials,read the manuals and don't be afraid to push the buttons,it's really just learning the tools you have and then you can make anything.I did follow a lot of tuts on modeling for video games which made for some efficient modeling,but if your doing this just for your own comics,and not intending to redistribute your models then you do have the luxury of cutting corners,I really enjoy doing models for my own illustrations as you can get it done so much quicker and better if no one else will be using the model.when you start making content for sale then you need to start thinking about how the end user will be working with it.and the limitations of whatever program the end user will be working with,what kind camera angles they'll be using(they always seem to render from angles you don't expect them to be rendering from),also you want to consider how many extra figures /props etc they will be adding so keeping things efficient is important.

something I do say to people though is try not to look at what other modelers and content creators are doing,use real world buildings as your reference points instead..that way you wont be repeating the same mistakes other content creators have made.

Cg Society Portfolio