Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: SmithMicro official Poser Pro 11 Preview Page!

Boni opened this issue on Nov 07, 2015 ยท 155 posts

seachnasaigh posted Mon, 09 November 2015 at 7:13 AM

Well, there's one here, too. 😇 Everybody I know is busy-busy-busy, but as some of my test renders finish, I'll post stuff. Of course, you can't see automatically animated dual-root textures do their thing in a JPG, but, you can see the effect of the LightPath ambient response booster.

I don't have a jumpsuit/boots for Pauline, so this is Roxie. The render was testing four methods of animating textures, all of which had ambient response boost so that they actually cast light. The ballroom's wall sconce lights also used LightPath boost, but I didn't adjust it well. The proton pack works, though. 😀 And it has dual root nodes, so it is set up to render in either Firefly or Superfly. This is a Superfly test in fairly low light conditions.

The four animated material types are:

[_] algebraic triple strobe (flash-flash-flash-pause... flash-flash-flash-pause...) on motherboard LEDs

[_] polar coordinate sine wave pulsing LEDs (brighter-> dimmer-> brighter->) on motherboard LEDs and ecto-trap indicator lights

[_] movie node with sequentially numbered JPGs for LCD displays on proton pack gun and ecto-trap

[_] matrix reading image map cells for the proton pack power meters

Roxie Superfly Ghostbuster.jpg

And yes, I see the imbalance between the sconces' visible brightness and the light they cast, and there appears to be a section of floor with flipped normals, and Roxie's jumpsuit/boots leave much to be desired. But this was a test render. I don't have time to polish a scene to final render perfection. The most I can do is post some test renders which are presentable, not great. Each render is checking some function or set of functions, then I need to move on. And each render takes considerable time, because they are mostly "torture test" renders.

But, the proton pack's lights do animate properly, and they do cast light with no need for extra emitter parts. 😄

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5