Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: New competition figure Sneak previews - SM

Razor42 opened this issue on Nov 03, 2015 ยท 240 posts

Razor42 posted Mon, 09 November 2015 at 7:36 PM

From everything I have read Pauline and Paul or actually more of a Vendor Base then a Consumer figure base. You like good bends? Better learn to create JCM's or find a product that gives them to you . You want her to look better? Better hope a vendor creates a character you like or learn to Model. Once again SM seem to be leaving the figures future in the hands of 3rd parties developers and refusing to face Posers content crisis which is leaving users with little choice but to use 10 year old figures. It's clear though that if you think Pauline is going to be anything like Genesis 3 out of the box you're in for a rough time.

It seems that they are aiming Paul and Pauline as more as a Base V4 replacement, then any real competition to the Genesis figure series. Apparently taking a big risk imo expecting vendors to just jump in and embrace Pauline as V4 was. And establish new bases to work from such as Morphs++, etc. Those were different times and you can't roll back the clock at this point. The danger of this is that fragmentation of the figure so Pauline becomes BH's gorgeous GND 27 and vendors need to pick do I support a bland JCMless Pauline or the Sexy new BH GND 27 version of Pauline. A base fragmented figure on top of a version fragmented user base...

I tend to agree that it seems to have epic fail written all over it. Let's hope someone there see's some sense before it is too late.

Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it