Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: New competition figure Sneak previews - SM

Razor42 opened this issue on Nov 03, 2015 ยท 240 posts

Zev0 posted Wed, 11 November 2015 at 12:35 PM

@ DestinysGarden - That is because for some mystical reason they think that the majority of users are tinkerers to the level that they are. But that is what happens when you do not understand the market you are selling in. They keep adding these tools to DIY, but most people want to load, do minor tweaking and render. Now it wouldn't be an issue if the tools were simple to use and gave great results, but they are extremely outdated in design with long workflows. I read the feature list. They are adding some things that have been in Studio for a while now, yet it is hyped as new advances, with a price tag attached.

Other than the new Superfly engine and the figures, I don't see why I should I upgrade when I have Iray and Genesis for free. I have not seen any other feature that has made me want to upgrade. Oh that's the other silly argument. "Yes Daz offers all that for free but you pay for additional content". Ummm, so if you buy the new Poser and use the figures and want new content offered from vendors, do you not have to pay for it as well? I never understood that line of thinking.

My Renderosity Store