Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Please consider having a what's new (no genesis filter)

estherau opened this issue on Oct 23, 2015 ยท 29 posts

kobaltkween posted Wed, 11 November 2015 at 5:19 PM

I think that it is a good idea in general to allow check box filtering everywhere in the MarketPlace by software and figure. I also think it's important to only include something in a software tag if a native version is included. In other words, no "Poser" versions that are simply presets linked to a DSON script. No DS user ever accepted Poser content that loaded in DS as a DS version, and for good reasons. DAZ made the materials translate incorrectly, so that vendors need to set them up by hand. For the same reason and problems with DSON, unlike DAZ, Renderosity should not sell DS versions with DSON scripts as Poser compatible.

Also, to clarify, I don't think this is solely a Poser/DS issue. I've had times where I was disappointed to find the product I wanted was Vue only.

I also think it would be nice to include OBJ or Universal or some such in the software choices. I know there are a few products that include an OBJ version, and also that several people use figures in 3DS Max, Blender, or other full-blown 3D apps. I bet there are people who would like to browse those products.