Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: SmithMicro official Poser Pro 11 Preview Page!

Boni opened this issue on Nov 07, 2015 · 155 posts

seeker posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 3:59 AM

Razor42 posted at 3:46AM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4239015

bopperthijs posted at 5:43PM Tue, 17 November 2015 - #4238378

Curious, Daz is free but Poser can cost 200.00 up..why??

Although I'm a Poser user since poser 1, I actually bought and paid for Daz-studio, the rigging tools, the dynamic control, the FBX-exporter, animation tools, Two months later they dropped the price to zero without any refund. (you can understand how pissed I was)

DAZ main purpose is to sell their products without any concern to their customers. Poser and poser pro are products that encourages people to experiment and to be creative, and for a reasonable price.

I am a professional autocad user and for the autodesk building design bundle ( with autocad, revit and 3DS max) subscription I have (!) to pay over €1800,- a year and everytime I get a new upgrade and I look at the new features I think : WOW, did I paid so much for that???, or did I ask for that???, or it's about time they fixed that!!!

When I look at the new main features of Poser (pro)11, I won't be surprised with an upgrade price between $200,- and $ 300,- and even it's a little more I won't complain.

Eagerly waiting the new upgrade,

Bopper.

So when you buy Poser you won't purchase any additional content, ever (Cause it's all in there)! And by far the majority of users never do purchas...Oh wait. Maybe not... Pauline will be a complete character out of the box and won't in anyway need additional content to improve or complete...oh wait well that's not true either is it. I believe Pauline has been described as a blank base merchant resource, right? DAZ3D give you the tools (DS) for free and sells additional content, Poser you need to buy the tools and any additional content you like (Even if their not the ones selling it, which is irrelevant to a customer). Can you please explain what you get with Poser at a cost that you don't get with DS for free, if your line of thinking is correct. Or how Poser encourages "experiment and to be creative" where as Daz Studio doesn't. Like it or not you are in fact paying twice with the Poser model.

DAZ main purpose is to sell their products without any concern to their customers.

Is that so...

You guys, just can't help yourself sometimes. Then when someone steps in from outside to debate a point, they're the ones labeled as the trolls and bullies... I'm not here to start arguments anyway, there is a new version of Poser out today which is something to celebrate, but sometimes you guys should step back and think for a second before you plant the seeds for another cross platform war. And then scream as a victim when all hell breaks loose.

Congrats on Poser 11, let's see what it can do in the hands of the "Creative" and "Experimental" users out there!

I've been using both programs through the years and I do like them both. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. And it's true that you have to buy stuff for both to make the most of them. I can't live without shaderworks scripts that I gladly paid for or the money I'll also gladly pay for when VWD's program comes out.

But, although I agree with you on most points Razor42 I have to say something. When I use Daz I always revert to ready made products and do minimal customizing to them. I feel that with poser there's just more experimentation and many ways to get totally different results. So much math and parameters to work with.

Just the ease of the cloth room, which I use in every image I make, is enough to tip the scale. Now with the new poser's morphing capabilities for Paulette, the sky's the limit with custom models. I can't think of a G1,2,3 I used that I didn't just dial spin in.

Having said that, seeing the new G3M I know that I'm going to be spending a lot of time in DS and it makes me thankful that at least one of them is free and I don't have to choose. There's a place for both programs and I never really understood the war between the two.