Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: character swapping

jacknimble opened this issue on Nov 17, 2015 ยท 16 posts

malwat posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 5:54 PM

I have generally found that simply selecting the character in the scene, and then loading a same generation figure (of the same gender if not Genesis) brings the new character in in place of the old, but as said, some adjustment may be needed by hand if the figures are different physical shapes or sizes. For Replacing backwards I have not found a way, but forwards, as suggested, you can save a V4/M4 character pose and apply it to the newer generation figure. More often than not it won't do so perfectly, so using add-ons like pose translators is a necessity - but even these are far from ideal, especially when ending at G3. Of course, changing a V4 to a G3F character's figure and pose is one thing, but if you are looking at clothing or hair then it is a real hassle - you just have too bite the bullet and try adjustments. Even then they may not work. I still don't seem to be able to use V4/M4 hair on G3 figures, but to be fair G2 to G3 usually works very well. If anyone knows a foolproof way to resolve these issues I shall be as pleased as Jacknimble.

Malwat

Getting younger by the day; getting older by the minute....