Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser arrives tomorrow

nerd opened this issue on Nov 16, 2015 ยท 64 posts

moriador posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 6:32 PM

Well, I have to say, after an hour of playing around, I'm already sockless. Nerd, it's November and my feet are cold! If you knew you were planning on blowing people's footwear off, couldn't you have arranged for some warmer weather? 😁

Seriously, though. UI feels much more responsive -- except for a brief pause after a render. Dials are more sensitive. Camera movement seems smoother. The ability to scale the UI is incredible; you've really made it accessible for us oldsters (and also those of us who use it late at night until we are dropping off to sleep). No more computer glasses just to read the hierarchy menu. ! I miss the external library and being able to minimize it, rather than dock it. But, even though the default UI is pretty much the same as it was for PP2014, there seems to be more room, so I don't feel as though I lost much real estate by docking the library -- even with my scaled up UI. Could just be a perceptual thing, of course. But I'm not complaining.

Pauline: I just got started playing with her, so I'm still looking at her head. The facial movements are really... phenomenal. I'm like so... wow! It may take a while to get the knack of creating really great expressions, but the flexibility seems vastly greater. I'm also pleased that a fair bit of attention was paid to both her upper and lower eyelids, both in mesh and movements. Lots of potential there. I also get the impression that the Faceroom got some upgrading, but since it hasn't been working for me in PP2014 for over a year, I can't really remember what the older one was actually like. Maybe it's just that Pauline's face takes the morphs with more grace. In any case, I found the FR much more useful than I ever have in the past.

So far: Great! and I've barely scratched the surface.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.