Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Whoa whoa whoa $250 to upgrade???

operaguy opened this issue on Nov 17, 2015 ยท 26 posts

EldritchCellar posted Sat, 21 November 2015 at 10:02 PM

"that morph injection saving which was a little fuzzy about how it is saved just that you could sell them, didn't say what format it saves in..."

.pmd is the native Poser morph data format, I would imagine that it would be .pmd INJ. I don't think SM would utilize Daz readscript INJ that's reliant on existing channels in a figure. .pmd is way more flexible, regardless of foggy superstitions. As far as being redistributable, is it a dial spinner? Yes it's redistributable as long as it's applying values to present morphs and not injecting the actual proprietary deltas. If it's your own custom morph, yes it's distributable in terms of strictly vertex position data, same as it always has been with morph distribution. SM is just providing an easier way to create the files within Poser, a token offering, for those who are stumped by copying and pasting a few blocks of text into an empty .txt file and adding .pz2 as the extension. The custom palettes, control props, improvements to dependencies, baking of LOD morphs with an improved brush, improved animated joint centers, and a tightened up interface overall seem to be the real attraction of the latest version...

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG