Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: SmithMicro official Poser Pro 11 Preview Page!

Boni opened this issue on Nov 07, 2015 ยท 155 posts

seachnasaigh posted Mon, 23 November 2015 at 10:14 AM

Dual quaternion skinning is not the stumbling block; DAZ doesn't own the IP rights to dual quaternion skinning. DQ does not constitute the sum of the Genesis standard.

DSON may be freely usable, but it is not the Genesis standard. DSON is merely a (half-baked) exporting utility/format. It doesn't work well on G1 and not much at all for G3; why would Poser want to incorporate it?

Blender won't be adopting Genesis for the same reason SM doesn't: DAZ established protected IP restrictions on the Genesis protocol. Blender could accommodate Roxie, Dawn, and Pauline - if they think it worthwhile.

I keep seeing these posts expressing "concern" for Poser, if SM do not adopt Genesis (which they legally can't do). I'm wondering just how rosy things are at DAZ, because there is a group of DAZ vendors who seem to invest a lot of their time keeping watch on Poser forums, and spending much time propagandizing in Poser forums. I use that term advisedly, because I can't believe that they don't know the distinction between DQ and the IP-protected Genesis system, and I can't believe that they don't know the difference between the Genesis system and the open DSON utility/format. So I can only conclude that the conflation between terms (DQ vs Genesis, DSON vs Genesis) is intentional deception.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5